Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Music is the Best

Rob came over yesterday and we recorded an "EPK" in our basement. Three songs, Caroline, Simon Brooke, and Samuel Starr.
You can actually view them all on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2A-NnsUN3E&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuroCMijdKk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuroCMijdKk&feature=channel

We had a so much fun recording it.

Because we were filming in our basement, we had to make due with what we had.
We stuck some curtains up with tape to cover the mirrors behind us. We stole them from the upstairs living room . :)
While singing Caroline, I could hear the tape cracking and knew that they were going to come down. I was just hoping it would wait until the end... Too bad things never work the way you plan them. But that's a good thing, the unexpected is much more interesting in my opinion.

We left it in because we all thought it was pretty funny, even though Caroline is supposed to be a serious song. Ah wells. :)

My sister, Briar, just bought a baby parrotlet. He is very cute, but could never replace my other bird. He also still needs to be taught everythingggg. Ahhh. Which I know that I am going to have to do. Briar takes care of something for the first month and then moves on to better and brighter things. Hopefully she will prove me wrong this time. Besides, I am moving in September and no one else but her will be responsible for 'Toby' when that time comes along. Here is a picture of the little squirt. :)




diddy of the day: I ate a dead dried up potato bug when I was a year old. I don't remember doing it though and it kinda goes against my views of me being a vegan and all. Actually....I'm not sure it really does, I mean, he had been dead for awhile - or so I've been told...

Fact: I watch the Office a lot.
Fiction: Marshmallows and Jello are vegan foods.


1 comment:

  1. I happened to catch your show at the Live Lunch while down in Louisville this weekend. Haha, not sure if you remember me, but I was the guy in the soccer jersey standing against the wall.

    You need to release a version of Caroline as soon as possible. It is one of the most perfect songs I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete