Monday, July 26, 2010

Cherries from Washington are very tasty.

I just ate a big bowl of cherries and I feel wonderful. Like I can accomplish anything (we'll see what happens when the fruit sugar wears off though...hahaha). Regardless though, this feeling is so important for achievement in my opinion. If you aren't motivated, or inspired, nothing is going to happen. So eat fruit. (I think that's my point?)

I put up a youtube vid about a month ago of myself covering Metric's 'Eclipse - All Yours' song from the soundtrack of the newest installment of the Twilight Saga. I wasn't really expecting anything to come of it - and honestly, nothing really has. BUT. It's already up to 80,000 hits with all positive comments which is pretty freaking amazing. If you haven't seen it, you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6iuwUfEAE

I've also been playing a lot of gigs lately that involve my snare drum and I. Now all I have to learn is the kick drum, cymbals, high hat and tom-tom. Perfect. :)

Diddy of the Day: One time I was walking down the stairs to my basement with a searing cup of hot chocolate in my hand. As I descended, the banister on the wall broke in one place and went up like a teeter totter. I fell all the way down the stairs on my bum and when I got to the bottom, I looked up, and the hot chocolate from my cup came cascading down upon me. I don't remember if it hurt or not....

Fact: I am very clumsy.
Fiction: You can outgrow being clumsy. (I am living proof that this is a fallacy).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ariana,

    I hope you actually get to read these comments. I have much I could share with you but I'll just say a few things.

    Ive been living for the time being in Calgary, too long, after a 7 year stint in south China, where I lived and worked, as a university teacher.

    I was the guy, from Calgary, who ordered your CD and absolutely enjoy it and play it almost every day, at home. You have so much honesty, energy and meaning in your lyrics and music; you are already a first-class artist.

    CBC Radio 1 did you the rightful honour to play some of your music and that's how I got to know your work.

    I got to know Loreena McKennitt`s work, too, in the same way, when CBC AM played her music one morning when I was living in Edmonton. That was before I moved to China and your music and her music has helped keep me spiritually and emotionally alive during my 7 years in that country.

    I also proudly shared and played many different Canadian artists with my students, English majors; some students actually said that they felt such music, when they listened to it, in class, seemed to be made in heaven.

    Anyway, a final comment, dear Ariana: try to come out to western Canada such as Alberta, B.C. and maybe Saskatchewan..whenever you can. Tolerant, liberal, good people with a social conscience living in the west need to hear your music more often and to appreciate your live concert performances.

    Take good care of yourself.

    Sincerely, Eric Burt

    ReplyDelete