Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turning 20

So today I am 20. My teens are behind me and I am at the start of another whole decade.
At first I was a little uneasy about it all but I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that it's a good thing to get old. I will continue learning and growing until I just simply cannot anymore. And the future is exciting. There is so much that don't know and have yet to understand.
I am actually away from home for my birthday. I am doing a two week house concert tour in Northern Ontario and right now I am in Ottawa getting ready to play my next show tonight. :)
I have had such a wonderful time so far and have met so many great and generous people. I am so thankful. It's amazing to see so much good in a world that where negative events and actions are so prominent. Environmental disasters, political injustices, the broken economy, war, murder etc etc.
I just watched a brilliant documentary on how we as a human race are connected to everything. We tend to forget that... I know I do. We go on living and become oblivious to all the extraordinary things going on around us. It truly is beautiful to just stop and smell the roses once and awhile.

Diddy of the Day: I played ping pong with a young man from poland the other day and we chatted and talked and laughed. I also received a beautiful hand-made scarf from a woman from India that same night.

Fact: Everyone can make a difference.
Fiction: One person can't change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment