Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gum!

I've been really busy that last few days trying to get my East Coast Tour finalized.
There are still a few places pending, but so far it's been great and I'm really excited to go out there again this year. :)

But, the real reason I wanted to write today is to talk about gum. Haha, I know...
For the last two days now, I have woken up with a headache and I couldn't figure out why.
The culprit? Aspartame. In chewing gum.
So, I am going on a quest to find a long-lasting gum that does not use aspartame as a sweetener (one without sucralose in it as well would be even better!). I'm kind of an all natural girl and I only like to use safe sweeteners such as stevia and xylitol. I stay away from all types of sugar except for honey and agave occasionally.
Stevia, is derived from a noncaloric herb native to Paraguay . The leaves of the plant are 30 times sweeter than sugar, and Xylitol (though it sounds like a chemical) is actually found in the fibers of fruits and vegetables like berries, oats, corn husks, and mushrooms.
Pretty cool huh?
These are both safe to consume and I use them in baking and many other things as well. :)
But back to the gum.
If any of you know a good lasting gum that doesn't have aspartame (or sucralose) I'm all ears. Most of the natural gum lasts about 3 minutes and then it's Kaput. Booo!

Diddy of the Day - My bird is a master of escape. I have so many twist-ties, links and locks on the cage doors it's ridiculous.
Fact: I will post a video of her escaping on youtube (keep checking in).
Fiction: Margaret Atwoods, 'Oryx and Crake'. Yet, many of the things in the book are coming true. By the way, if you haven't read it, pick it up. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment