Saturday, June 18, 2011

Carrot Cake Fire

Lately I've had this insane drive. And I just can't stop thinking about music. All these ideas are bouncing around like those little rainbow balls in the playrooms at McDonald's.
It's amazing - and I love it.

Last night as we were driving home from the Burlington Sound of Music Festival, there was this huge fire in me. All the way home. Like there is so much to do to get my music heard and I just can't wait to get started. I have become so passionate about this it's crazy. And I'm getting so much done!

I remember about a year ago I wanted to quit. I thought about going back to school to become an Avian Veterinarian. I actually even called up Guelph University to ask about the application requirements. I mean I was almost dead set on doing this.
I'm not exactly sure what changed...maybe a good review or something someone said after one of my shows, but it gave me hope. It lit this small match, this fire, inside me that has been burning ever since. It's been steadily growing hotter and hotter in the past months. Last night was the brightest and hottest it has ever been.

You can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and right now, my mind is as open as a book. And I am ready to sing and write and do as much as I possibly can to make this work.

Diddy of the Day: My absolute favourite cake is Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing. It is one of my biggest weaknesses. Once I take a little bite, I'm done for. The reason I bring this up is because last night we stepped into a little cafe to get coffee and there were these beautiful little pieces of carrot cake staring at me from one of the plates. I said no this time....but next time, I can't make any promises. :)

Fact: If you don't put shredded coconut and pineapple in a carrot cake it is NOT allowed to be labelled "Carrot Cake". Like seriously buddy, who are you trying fool? Not me...not me....

Fiction: I enjoy good cop bad cop movies.
I actually extremely dislike these types of movies because they are so gosh darn predictable! Yet, my dad rents them all the time....well those and cowboy movies. Yea, don't even get me started on those.

1 comment:

  1. "You can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and right now, my mind is as open as a book. And I am ready to sing and write and do as much as I possibly can to make this work." ...
    ~ a w e s o m e ~ so true ...
    - let your talent & creativity be your wings -

    ReplyDelete