Friday, June 3, 2011

New Album

So we've finally got the tunes for the new album all sorted out. (Had to pick 10 songs out of a list of almost 100). But, I'm confident in our song selection and now it's just a matter of gettin' 'er done.
I'm super excited to be working on the next album and am already buzzing with ideas!
We'll be in the studio the third week of June and we're hoping to have the album ready for release for the end of November.
Unbelievably, this actually isn't a lot of time, especially since we'll be touring out east in July, and have a lot of shows coming up in September and October. Recording a CD takes time, in my opinion. You need to think about things and listen to the songs over and over again to make sure they feel right. Of course, there are also exceptions to this rule, and there have been a lot of great albums that were recorded and finished in just a few weeks.
I still like to sit on things a bit though. :) Mull it over, and come up with ideas as they pop into my head (instead of forcing things out).

I met two awesome people last Saturday - and meant to write about it sooner, but time has just kind of flown by. They came to see Micah Barnes play his CD Release show at the Rivoli and I did an opening set. It was a great room, with great sound and I played pretty well considering I had my wisdom teeth out about a week and a half prior to it. Their names were Dylan and Krystal and they were both wonderful to talk too. They made me remember why I love doing what I do. It really isn't just about writing a song or singing a tune or playing a chord when it comes to music. There is this whole other side that you have to find and embrace and it never happens the same way twice. It's this emotional connection that takes place between you and the audience...especially the type that just manifests out of thin air and makes the room crackle with all this energy. It's truly incredible, and I love it. :)

Fun Diddy of the Day: I say the word crayons weird. (Or wrong...not really sure. Regardless, everyone always makes fun of me when I say it). Lol.
Fact: I draw and paint and such. (The picture below is some of my own art style that I'm still trying to develop.)
Fiction: Garfbumble! .......is not a word. I promise. I even looked it up for the sake of maybe being wrong. But nopers, it is most definitely not.

Double Fun Diddy of the Day: I just remembered that I had a cup of coffee this morning! Yes! ME. Coffee!
And I know that this little tidbit of information may seem trivial to you. But, I actually HATE coffee. I mean, really really do not like the stuff at all. I am a total tea person. But, I woke up this morning and was like, 'I want a cup of coffee.'
It was so unbelievably weird-ee-ola. We'll see how long it lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment